Your email address will not be shared and
you can unsubscribe at anytime.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, Colorado State University
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, Colorado State University
- BA with Distinction in Psychology, University of Delaware Honors Program
I have conducted research in the area of divorce and am published in the Journal of Divorce and Remarriage. Research areas include the effects of divorce on college age students and children as well as the effect of stressful life events on adolescents. In addition, I have completed training in mediation and conflict resolution skills, as well as training specific to collaborative divorce services and have led classes on assertiveness and taught courses in general and abnormal psychology at the undergraduate level.
- Division 42 of the American Psychological Association, The Community for Psychologists in Independent Practice
- Oregon Psychological Association
- Oregon Mediation Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals
I have over twenty years experience providing counseling services. In 2012 my practice received the Best of Beaverton Award in the Mental Health Clinics category.
My independent practice focuses primarily on adults, adolescents and couples, as well as families going through divorce. I have also worked for a private, non-profit clinic serving children, families, and adults; provided training and supervision for new professionals entering the field; and have served as a board member to the Multnomah County Child Abuse Coalition. I am a past co-chair and committee member of the Legislative Committee for the Oregon Psychological Association.
I have had additional training emphasis in cognitive and interpersonal therapies for depression, grief and loss, solution-focused therapy, cultural competence and sensitivity to individual differences, family dysfunction and adult children of alcoholics, and specific areas of couples and marital therapy including sexuality, conflict resolution/communication, affairs, emotion-focused therapy, and Gottman research-based strategies.
I am a trained mediator that assists divorcing parents with the creation or updating of parenting plans. I also use my counseling background to consult regarding stress management, communication, conflict negotiation skills, and effective co-parenting during and after the divorce process. I am also trained to provide divorce coaching services as part of a collaborative divorce team.